- Get his tax policy onto the floor of congress and passed so we can start working our way back toward a surplus a.s.a.p.
- Work with Congress, the governors, and state legislatures to redefine marriage as a strictly religious institution. The government will instead issue Civil Unions to each pair of consenting adults with all the current benefits.
- Begin troop draw down in Iraq, increase presence in Afghanistan. Ideally, capture bin Laden.
- Meet with G[7/8], NAFTA, and appropriate U.N. councils to:
- Define worldwide emissions standards and get them onto the floor of congress to be passed a.s.a.p.
- Get Russia out of Georgia, replace their troops with U.N. peacekeepers.
- Expedite and improve aid to African Union troops in Darfur.
- Revive the SCHIP coverage debate and get that back on the floor of congress so he can sign it into law.
- Implement strict restrictions on line item vetoes to avoid their abuse by any future president.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Obama's first 100 days
Here is what I would like to see Obama and the new congress focus on during the first 100 days after they're sworn in next year: